Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
Baltimore Special We've been swamped and backed up with so many stories these past few weeks we've just not been able to keep up! Of course unless you've been living in a cave (plotting how to destroy UhMerika from your portable dialysis machine haha) you should be up-to-speed on the situation in Baltimore Maryland. If you've only gotten info from the Lame Stream Media (LSM) you should visit The Baltimore Sun's Freddie Gray Coverage which probebly will win many awards for their unique coverage of this tragic story. We'll have more in a bit on the Baltimore situation later so stay tuned! Of course today May 3rd is also International May Day so if yer a worker go join a protest somewhere or start one! OR register and take part in this year's 2015 MAY DAY ONLINE RALLY!! Down with capitalism and imperialism! Unite the working class internationally against war, dictatorship and poverty! For peace, for equality, for socialism! And against this backdrop of the National Guard being deployed to LOCK DOWN BALTIMORE we cannot forget 45 years ago when Reepublican Ohio Governor James Rhodes sent Ohio Guard troops to Kent State in the midst of the Vietnam War protests who wound up killing FOUR INNOCENT STUDENTS. Please visit the Kent May 4 Center for complete information and the 2015 Schedule of Events taking place Monday and all weekend. And April 30 also marked the 40th anniversary of The Fall of Saigon Vietnam ending that conflict which was up to that point in history the U.S.'s longest running war (now outdistanced by the War in Afghanistan). So it seems the current and ongoing wars (though Congress hasn't declared "WAR" in over a half century — they call them "conflicts" now) and the Capitalist 0.001% declaring WAR on the planet and ALL OF US is coagulating into a huge socail global movement to STOP "austerity" and the pillaging of our ONE PLANET's resources. Surely many current police officers came out of the military from the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq (where they kicked in doors, abused, arrested and killed people for no reason other than "looking for terriers" and certainly without a warrant) then took the civil service exam and went to "The Academy". Then, full of military training, our young cadet ends up in a police system rife with racism and deep deep corruption. Rolling Stone's Paul Solotaroff asks Why Is This Man Still in Jail? Half a lifetime ago, Philadelphia cops put Tony Wright away for a brutal crime he didn't commit. DNA tests have exonerated him. But he's still not free ............ Frank Rizzo may have been the most uncloaked racist to ever hold office in a Northeast city. Snarling "Get their black asses!" while news cameras ran, he sicced hundreds of riot cops on school kids who were peacefully protesting, bludgeoning dozens of them. He ordered his men to raid the city's Black Panthers headquarters, drag them into the street and strip them butt-naked — then accused them of stripping themselves. For nearly two decades, he dominated this city's ethos, first as police chief, then as the two-term mayor who tried to rewrite the statutes for a third term. By the time he retired to a lucrative second career as a virulent radio host, he'd thoroughly poisoned the well of race relations here and remade a department of 6,500 cops more or less permanently in his image. One example among many: the highway patrol, a squad of cops in leather and crash helmets that functioned as "Rizzo's own private army," says Paul Conway, chief of the Special Defense and Homicide division at the public defender's office in Philadelphia. "They acted with extreme excessive force for many years. They brought in so many suspects, pretty much all black kids, with bloody head wounds that we called their bandages 'highway turbans.' Rizzo's mantra was, 'Get the confession by any and all means, and I'll back you if you go over the line.' " Bill Marimow, now editor-in-chief of The Philadelphia Inquirer, won a Pulitzer for uncovering dozens of cases in which suspects were taken to the basement of police headquarters, threatened with pistols or brutally beaten to sign confessions — some taken to emergency rooms with cracked skulls and broken jaws before being wheeled back to booking.
Heads rolled at the department after the exposé ran in 1977, but the culture Rizzo bred — corrupt, jackbooted, contemptuous of the Constitution — was immune to lasting changes. New commissioners came and went, vowing reforms, but were so hamstrung by the union and its political pull that they couldn't get rid of even the most violent cops. Then crack blew in at the end of the 1980s and pumped the murder rate up just over 25 percent, causing a city whose taxpayers were fleeing to Bucks County to fear for its long-term survival. Pressure on the department was fierce and full-throated: Clear the clogged whiteboards of unsolved killings and bring the death toll down. For a rank and file weaned on Rizzo's bruised-knuckle ethos, this meant doubling down on the strong-arm stuff, and no worries if an innocent kid got swept up in the net. The jails, after all, were full of such cases. What did one more come to, for the greater good?...... Read the rest! This same police culture exists today in cities across the country from New York, Los Angelis, Furgeson, Cleveland and now Baltimore. To Eric Holder's credit his Justice Department have opened many investigations of these police departments including here in CLE OH. At da peedee Justice Department wants sweeping changes in Cleveland Police Department; report finds "systemic deficiencies" for example.
AND ADD TO THAT the $BILLIONS$ of OUR TAXPAYER MONEY being spent on "arming up" local police with war weaponry from the Department of Homeland Security! Does yer little hamlet really need riot gear and S.W.A.T. teams? Ask yer nearest Occupy peep who experienced the jackboot police-initiated violence first-hand. You can see where this is going.
AND ALSO Tuesday is Cinco De Mayo when everybody in the U.S. becomes Mexican For A Day where everyone drinks cervezas and tequilla and eats tacos and burritos: "The date is observed to commemorate the Mexican army's unlikely victory over French forces at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862, under the leadership of General Ignacio Zaragoza Seguín. In the United States, Cinco de Mayo is sometimes mistaken to be Mexico's Independence Day—the most important national holiday in Mexico—which is celebrated on September 16." HOLA!
ALSO for 420 WRUW's own Rich Lowe features PETER TOSH AGAIN on
- Night of the Living Dread featuring AN EXCLUSIVE WRUW interview with son Andrew Tosh recorded in 1988 in our studios!
- Part Two! Rich Lowe takes over Innominate for two more hours of Peter Tosh music and interviews!
- * only available until this FRI so download BOTH shows! You will never be able to get this much Peter Tosh music and interviews in one place ever again!
- THIS FRIDAY Rich Lowe will feature TWO MORE HOURS of PETER TOSH! Get yer cassette recorders out hahah!
- Tune in our 128K WRUW Live Stream anytime!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
- We broadcast live from The Hague, where over 1,000 female peace activists gathered from around the world 100 years ago this week to call for an end to war. The extraordinary meeting, known as the International Congress of Women, took place as World War I raged across the globe.
- Mairead Maguire, 1976 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate No to Violence, Yes to Dialogue: Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Mairead Maguire on Path to Peace Today
- Leymah Gbowee, 2011 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Liberian Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Leymah Gbowee: How a Sex Strike Propelled Men to Refuse War
- Jody Williams, 1997 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Launches Campaign to Stop Killer Robots After Winning Ban on Landmines
- Mairead Maguire, 1976 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Nobel Laureates Call on "Militaristic" United States to Renew Pledge to Protect Human Rights
- Jesse Jackson, civil rights leader, and president and founder of the Rainbow PUSH Coalition & Lawrence Bell, iformer Baltimore City Council president National Guard Deployed as Baltimore Erupts After Years of Police Violence, Economic Neglect
- Matthieu Aikins, award-winning foreign correspondent & Erin Evers "Inside Baghdad’s Brutal Battle Against ISIS": In Chaos of Post-Invasion Iraq, Militias Take Hold Aikin's latest article for Rolling Stone is " Inside Baghdad’s Brutal Battle Against ISIS ".
- Yousef Munayyer, executive director of the U.S. Campaign to End Israeli Occupation, Lisa Goldman, Israeli journalist & Dr. Hatim Kanaaneh, public health physician An Angry White House Vows to Confront Netanyahu, But Will It End Key U.S. Support for Occupation? Goldman's new article for Foreign Policy is "Never Trust Netanyahu"; Munayyer recently wrote an opinion piece in The New York Times headlined "Netanyahu’s Win is Good for Palestine".
- Aaron Maté, Democracy Now! producer reports from the streets of Baltimore "You Can Replace Property, You Can’t Replace a Life": Voices of the Unheard in the Baltimore Streets
- Madeleine Rees, secretary general of the Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom Marks 100th Anniversary as War Rages on Worldwide.
- Kozue Akibayashi, newly elected president of the Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom Japan Agrees to New Military Cooperation Plan with United States Despite Its Pacifist Constitution
- Hakima Abbas, director of programs for the Association for Women’s Rights in Development From Police Violence to Boko Haram, African Activist Says Fundamentalism Must Be Addressed Globally
- Jineth Bedoya Lima, Colombian journalist and founder of Survivors for Action Colombian Journalist Wins Courage Award After Kidnapping, Torture and Rape While Covering Arms Trade
- Yanar Mohammed, president of the Organization of Women’s Freedom in Iraq Iraqi Activist Describes "Massacres Left and Right" as Civil Society Resists Takeover by ISIS
- Activist Tom Hayden History Repeats? Activist Tom Hayden on Police Brutality Protests from the 1960s to Baltimore
- Activist Tom Hayden "History Is Finally Moving On": Tom Hayden on Thawing of U.S.-Cuba Relations Despite GOP Opposition
- Kunda Dixit, editor of the Nepali Times Massive Earthquake Leaves Trail of Destruction in Nepal, But Aid is Slow to Arrive
- Cornell William Brooks, president and CEO of the NAACP "This Did Not Begin with Freddie Gray": As Baltimore Awaits Answers, A Call for Long-Term Solutions
- Ralph Nader Ralph Nader on Bernie Sanders, the TPP "Corporate Coup d’État" & Writing to the White House
GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders - New Episode Every Monday at TELESUR »»» VIDEO OF THE WEEK Occupy the Vatican: Nathan Schneider and New Era Windows Journalist Nathan Schneider was a part of Occupy Wall Street from the earliest planning stages. His journalism since has taken him from Nairobi to Spain to Ecuador to Detroit. In this Mayday special, Schneider reports on the people he's met, who are taking control of their livelihoods and Laura wonders whether she should convert to Catholicism. And in a GRITtv exclusive, Laura travels to Chicago to visit New Era windows, a worker-owned collective she's been following since its workers took over their factory back in 2008. »»» The F-Word The Missing Millions in Prison Aren’t Missing, We Are. April 30th, 2015: ..... It’s becoming popular in the media to talk about the missing millions-- the 1.5 million African American men in their prime who are missing from civic life. Those millions, it’s explained, are mostly missing because they’ve died young or been locked up. There’s been a catastrophic rise of incarceration in the US over the past four decades. But missing from the missing men stories are the women whose rates of incarceration have risen fastest of all. In 2013, approximately 111,300 women were in US prisons, a 900 percent increase over 1977. ........
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!© »»» NBA on ABC Sunday 1 pm et EASTERN CONFERENCE SEMIFINALS - GAME 1 Wizards @ Hawks THEN 3:30 pm et WESTERN CONFERENCE SEMIFINALS - GAME 1 Grizzlies @ Warriors »»» NBA on TNT Monday 7 pm et EASTERN CONFERENCE SEMIFINALS - GAME 1 Bulls @ CAVS THEN 9:30 pm et WESTERN CONFERENCE SEMIFINALS - GAME 1 Clippers @ Rockets »»» Sunday Night Baseball on ESPN Yankees @ Red Sox 8 pm et »»» Monday Night Baseball on ESPN Cubs @ Cardinals 8 pm et »»» Wednesday Night Baseball on ESPN Orioles @ Mets 8 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!© The 1st Amendment is Our Permit Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
StrikeDebt.org & RollingJubilee.org! A bailout of the people by the people Rolling Jubilee is a Strike Debt project that buys debt for pennies on the dollar, but instead of collecting it, abolishes it. Together we can liberate debtors at random through a campaign of mutual support, good will, and collective refusal. Debt resistance is just the beginning. Join us as we imagine and create a new world based on the common good, not Wall Street profits. ADDENDUM: Naked Capitalism reports Top Tax Expert Confirms Our Doubts About Occupy Wall Street’s Debt Buying/Forgiveness Scheme
Community-Wealth.org community-wealth.org a project of the Democracy Collaborative at the University of Maryland Community-Wealth.org brings together, for the first time, information about the broad range of community wealth building activity. Featuring Overview: The Cleveland Model—How the Evergreen Cooperatives are Building Community Wealth Something important is happening in Cleveland. The Democracy Collaborative—the host of C-W.org—in partnership with the Cleveland Foundation, the Ohio Employee Ownership Center, Shorebank Enterprise Cleveland, the City of Cleveland, and the city's major hospitals and universities—is helping to implement a new model of large-scale worker-owned and community-benefiting businesses. The Evergreen Cooperative Initiative is beginning to build serious momentum in one of the cities most dramatically impacted by the nation's decaying economy. Increasingly, this model is being referred to nationally as The Cleveland Model. Initial planning is now underway to assist other cities in Ohio and nationwide to replicate and adapt this innovative approach to economic development, green job creation, and neighborhood stabilization. Find more many resources at Community-Wealth.org!
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.com Declaration of Internet Freedom Tired of fighting bad bills like SOPA, PIPA and CISPA? Want to stand up against those who are trying to control what we do and say online? It's time for something different. A group of more than 1,500 organizations, academics, startup founders and tech innovators has come together to produce a Declaration of Internet Freedom, a set of five principles that put forward a positive vision of the open Internet. Our goal: Get millions of Internet users to sign on to this Declaration. Build political power for Internet users to make sure that we get a seat at the table whenever, and wherever, the future of the Internet is being decided. It's time to stop playing defense and start going on the offensive. The open Internet is central to people’s freedom to communicate, share, advocate and innovate in the 21st century. But powerful interests want to censor free speech, block the sharing of information, hinder innovation and control how Internet users get online. And all too often, people in power are making political decisions behind closed doors about how the Internet should operate — and they're doing this without the involvement of actual Internet users. The result: policies that could close down the open Internet and destroy our freedom to connect. It’s time for us to reclaim the Internet for its users. Take action now and sign the Declaration of Internet Freedom. WE WON! Net Neutrality Victory February 26, 2015 – This morning the FCC voted to protect real Net Neutrality — marking the biggest victory for the public interest in the agency’s history. ....... This moment was more than 10 years in the making. The fight to protect the open Internet has united everyone — grassroots activists, technologists, new civil rights leaders, parents, teachers, students, musicians, artists and millions and millions of Internet users. We've proven that we're a force to be reckoned with in Washington. Know this: Now that we've won this huge victory for the Internet, the cable and phone companies will do everything they can to knock it down. But Free Press has never backed down from a fight. Whether in the courts or in Congress, the media or the streets, we will continue pushing, fighting and advocating for the strongest possible policies to protect the free and open Internet. Our message to the world is clear: Mess with the Internet, and you’ll lose. This isn’t the end. This is the start of something huge. ACTION! Stop Marsha Blackburn's Anti-Net Neutrality Bill H.R. 1212 This is what it looks like when members of Congress try to kill Net Neutrality. Rep. Marsha Blackburn has already lined up 31 co-sponsors for her new bill, which would destroy Net Neutrality and undo everything the FCC has done to protect the open Internet. It's easy to see why these particular co-sponsors signed on: They've received tons of campaign contributions from companies like Comcast and Verizon and from the National Cable and Telecommunications Association, an industry lobbying group. This bill goes against everything millions of people like you have fought for. We must stop this bill in its tracks and expose it for what it is: a betrayal of the open Internet. Tell Congress "This bill must be stopped in its tracks. I urge you to speak out in opposition to this legislation."
Stop Media Consolidation! Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski is trying to change the agency’s ownership rules to pave the way for Murdoch to get exactly what he wants. Worse, Genachowski and Murdoch are keeping this all very hush-hush, hoping you won't notice. These changes wouldn’t just benefit Murdoch. If the FCC proposal passes, one company could own the major daily newspaper, two TV stations and up to eight radio stations in your town. And that one company could be your Internet provider, too. What is the FCC thinking?!? We can still stop the agency from taking this perilous step — but we have less than a month to do it. By taking action, you’re joining a movement of millions who are working to stop big media from getting even bigger. Please take action today. Click HERE to view our infographic and send a message to the FCC! More info at Another FCC Cave-In: Julius Genachowski’s Media Consolidation Christmas Gift to Murdoch at StopTheCap.com! And Sign Senator Bernie Sanders petition to the FCC Protect Media Diversity: Stop Media Consolidation! NEW!!! NATION ACTION! Stop the Comcast/Time Warner Cable Merger! GO THERE NOW!
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! And check out more actions on the Move to Amend Calendar for more! UPDATE! Legalize Democracy Film Premieres on Free Speech TV Jan 21 Move to Amend is thrilled to announce that the premiere of our mini documentary, Legalize Democracy, will be airing on Free Speech TV (FSTV) next week to coincide with the "anniversary" of Citizens United. Legalize Democracy is a 28 minute film by Dennis Trainor, Jr. about the movement to amend -- why it is needed, and how you can get involved. Watch live on our website here. Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net GET INVOLVED! And Alan Grayson is BACK in the 114th Congress! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com and check out his latest effort DontAttackSyria.com!
REPRESENT.US IT’S TIME TO GET MONEY OUT OF POLITICS SO THE GOVERNMENT CAN REPRESENT US. Represent.Us is a fresh campaign to pass the American Anti-Corruption Act: a law that would overhaul campaign finance, impose strict lobbying and conflict of interest laws, and end secret political money. We are mobilizing millions of Americans — conservatives and progressives, young and old, every issue group fighting K Street, online and offline — to join this campaign. Represent.Us is not just building a movement to pass the Act. The campaign will use hard-hitting accountability tactics to unseat politicians who fail to endorse the Act. If passed, the Act will completely reshape American politics and policy-making and give people a voice. See this Guest Blog at Greenpeace by Executive Director Josh Silver The $6 Billion Auction: Finally, A Plan to Get Money Out of Politics for more information!
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org and Bradley Manning Support Network From the Chelsea Manning Support Network Announcing the "Chelsea Manning Support Network" March 19, 2014. By CMSN. PVT Manning has filed to change her name legally to "Chelsea Elizabeth Manning" and to receive hormone therapy. To show our support in this struggle, we are renaming ourselves to the "Chelsea Manning Support Network." ..... UPDATE! Manning on torture in new Guardian op-ed AND PBS features Chelsea Manning art exhibit March 24, 2015. STATE OF THE ARTS features The United States vs. Chelsea Manning, a graphic novel illustrating Wikileaks whistleblower Manning's court-martial, currently on display at Rutgers University.........
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
CELLULAR PHONE TASK FORCE EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, SUPPORT at CellPhoneTaskForce.org The Cellular Phone Task Force is dedicated to halting the expansion of wireless technology because it cannot be made safe. We provide: education to the public concerning electromagnetic pollution (electrosmog); advocacy for an electromagnetically cleaner environment; support for individuals disabled by radiation from wireless technology and other sources. WATCH THIS MOVIE at Top Documentary Films Resonance: Beings of Frequency Now we live an an ocean of electromagnetic radiation. It’s all around us now, invisible, but we know it’s there. Every time you lift up your mobile phone you know it’s there. It is very hard to turn the clock back, in fact it is impossible, but we need to be aware of the adverse health effects so that we can have the choice of taking precautions against the exposures. How we could have possibly thought that putting microwaves to our brain was safe. We just don’t fully understand what we’re doing. "Resonance: Beings of Frequency" is the first documentary to investigate the actual mechanisms by which mobile phone technology can cause cancer. The film takes a deeper look at how humanity is reacting to the most profound environmental change the planet has ever seen. Read more HERE!!
- This Week (ABC) Host George Stephanopoulos
Meet ABC News' Newest Contributor, Laura Ingraham 10 Moments That Illustrate The Right-Wing Radio Host's Fringe Viewpoints And Disdain For Civil Discourse - Ingraham has repeatedly engaged in inflammatory and hateful rhetoric, lobbing numerous attacks against everyone from President Obama to people who receive government assistance to her favorite target, immigrants. Here are 10 hateful moments from Ingraham in the past year...
• Rep. Elijah Cummings, D-Md.
• Sen. Tim Scott, R-S.C.
• Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt.
• ROUNDTABLE: ABC News contributor and Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol, former New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson, editor and publisher of The Nation Katrina vanden Heuvel, and former Bush White House press secretary Dana Perino
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Cornell William Brooks, President of the NAACP
• Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis., chairman of the Ways and Means Committee
• CBS News correspondent Seth Doane on the ground in Nepal
• ROUNDTABLE: Sherrilyn Ifill, director of the NAACP's Legal Defense and Educational Fund, Ramesh Ponnuru of National Review, Michele Norris of NPR, author and economist Dr. Julianne Malveaux, and Michael Gerson of the Washington Post.
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• The Fox 'News'-ification of CBS News and '60 Minutes': 'The Cleantech Crash'
• CBS' '60 Minutes' admits to faking Tesla car noise
• Coming Up Sunday, May 3 at 7 p.m. ET/PT
• The Lesson of War
• The All-American
• Whisky Island
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host Chuck Todd
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture 07/15/12 — NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
All legal notices should be sent by mail to the editor-in-chief NBCNews.com, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052
• House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio
• Former Gov. Martin O'Malley, D-Md
• Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake of Baltimore
• ROUNDTABLE: TBA
- State of the Union (CNN) CNN Correspondent Dana Bash hosts Sunday at 9 am ET and Noon ET.
• Rep. Chris Van Hollen, D-Md.
• Mayor Michael Nutter of Philadelphia
• Mayor William Bell of Birmingham, Alabama
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio call our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• FRONT PORCH FRIDAY! Bob wraps up the week with the H.O.R.N./Malloy chatters! Listen now Friday, May 1st, 2015 (mp3)! Amen to the White Rose Society! Bob's show archives at the White Rose HERE! Keep Bob on the air! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.CRMW.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT With Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen!
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - April 30, 2015 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Senator Bernie Sanders, climate hawk, enters the 2016 Presidential race; Thanks to fossil fuels, California still has the nation's dirtiest air; Study finds most extremely hot days caused by global warming; PLUS: Pope Francis wants to protect God's Creation, and the rightwing, fossil fuel-funded Heartland Institute wants him to knock it off... All that and more in today's Green News Report! IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): Break-up of the century: U.S. emissions and economic growth are really, finally separating; New Survey Shows TV Weathercasters Increasingly Accept Climate Change (but not Fox News); Duke Energy to hand out bottled water in North Carolina after wells polluted; Bees Love Nicotine, Even Though It's Killing Them; Forest fire threatens Ukraine's Chernobyl nuclear zone... PLUS: Exposure to widespread diabetes drug feminizes male fish... and much, MUCH more! ...
• 'Green News Report' - April 28, 2015 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Devastation and rescue in Nepal after massive earthquake; March 2015 the hottest March on record; Sardines crash in the Pacific; PLUS: Fighting climate change with the power of poo... All that and more in today's Green News Report! IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): VIDEO: Obama Finally Gets Angry At Climate Science Deniers And It’s Hilarious; California goes nuts: the hedge-fund-fueled race to plant thirsty trees in a catastrophic drought; 7.4 Million Acres of Ecosystem Lost to Oil and Gas Boom; Will The Chilean Volcano Be Big Enough to Cool 2015?; FL legislature diverts funds from voter-approved conservation fund; NV's Lake Mead headed to new historic low... PLUS: A solar future isn't just likely — it's inevitable... and much, MUCH more! ...
• BRADCAST! The Daily Show With Brad Friedman! Okay, it's not the Daily Show, but beginning Monday, April 27, we'll be producing The BradCast five days a week for a while...
• BRADCAST! 'BradCast': Un-Earth Day for RW 'Think Tank'; Judge Fuller News; Listener Calls & More PLUS: Some important 'BradCast' programming news...
• BRADCAST! Daniel Ellsberg on 'Obama's War on Whistleblowers':
BradCast 4/27/15 The legendary 'Pentagon Papers' whistleblower joins us for a fascinating discussion; PLUS: Baltimore violence; Nepal earthquake; MORE..
• BRADCAST! Gyrocopter Guy and Why He Did It!; Baltimore Riots and Reason: 'BradCast' 4/28/15 Guest: Doug Hughes who landed his gyrocopter at the U.S. Capitol to bring attention to campaign finance reform...
• BRADCAST! It's Not Just Baltimore & Bernie Jumps In:
'BradCast' 4/29/15 And our listener callers have plenty to say about both on today's very lively show..
• BRADCAST! Rep. Alan Grayson Talks Sanders, Hillary, Democrats, TPP and Citizens United: 'BradCast' 4/30/15 And even Disneyland! Plus: breaking news out of Baltimore, NASA, Texas & more...
• BRADCAST! The Man Who Punked Rush Limbaugh: 'BradCast' 5/1/15 Larry Pfeifer explains how he scammed the RW media into reporting his fake Harry Reid story; PLUS: Indictments in 'BridgeGate' and Baltimore and much more...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Ohio and ACLU Announce Legal Settlement to Restore Some Early Voting Hours 'Far from perfect' deal may end years-long court battle to block GOP restrictions on access to state polling places...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! CA's Mandatory Restrictions on Urban Water Usage Won't Solve Drought Crisis Cuts to agricultural and energy production usage, as well as increases in supply are needed immediately...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Sunday Toons: Free Trade Edition BRAD BLOG's toon curator 'PDiddie' wonders who's buying and who's selling? And so are a lot of this week's selected cartoonists...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Bernie Sanders Versus the 'Democracy Deficit' His candidacy may be a 'long shot', as it is marginalized by the corporate media, but populist support could overcome the odds to spark a 'democratic revolution'...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Three Indictments, One Guilty Plea in Chris Christie's NJ 'BridgeGate' Scandal Wildstein cooperating with investigation into 'conspiracy' to punish Fort Lee mayor; Two other top Christie aides also charged...
• BRADBLOG VIDEO! When Cronkite Warned Us About Global Warming That's the way it was. 35 years ago. And, yet, still no action on climate change by the U.S. Congress. WATCH this remarkable CBS News Evening News report from April 3, 1980..
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• 27 Apr 2015 PBC News & Comment: FBI is Out of Control, Beyond OversightLoretta Lynch sworn in as attorney general, as new evidence arises almost daily that FBI’s gone rogue, seems invulnerable to critics, reformers
• 29 Apr 2015 PBC News & Comment: Bernie Sanders Will Enter Democratic Presidential Race Vermont’s socialist senator will make it official, he’s running for president as a Democrat, offering strong challenge to Hillary Clinton...
• 30 Apr 2015 PBC News & Comment: Media Side Shows Distract from Real Racial Problems with Cops Baltimore’s top cop reveals undisclosed stop by Freddie Gray’s paddy wagon as mainstream media shifts focus to side shows, distractions….
• 1 May 2015 PBC News & Comment: Baltimore Prosecutor Moves Quickly to Indict Cops Baltimore state’s attorney Marilyn Mosby files criminal charges against 6 cops, including murder and manslaughter for death of Freddie Gray...
• PBC Standard Podcast April 24, 2015 Psychiatrist Justin Frank Analyzes the Fear That’s Used to Control Us Justin Frank, MD, author of Obama On the Couch, returns to discuss the role of manufactured fear in American life and politics.
• PBC Standard Podcast April 27, 2015 Bill of Rights Defender Shahid Buttar on New Attorney General, Patriot Act Renewal, and His Recent Arrest Shahid Buttar, executive director of the Bill of Rights Defense Committee, comments on our new Attorney General, the fight over renewal of the Patriot Act, and his recent arrest after a Senate hearing.
• PBC Standard Podcast April 30, 2015 Brilliant Reporter Pepe Escobar Updates the Yemen War and Much More Globetrotting journalist Pepe Escobar joins us from Paris, offering informed offshore perspectives on Mediterranean refugees, Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Iran and more.
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
• This Week on Ring of Fire April 30, 2015 Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern.
»» David Pakman, host of The David Pakman Show, will tell us how Millenials are getting the short end of the stick thanks to short-sighted politicians.
»» Mychal Denzel Smith will give us the details on the riots in Baltimore.
»» And Bryce Covert from Think Progress will explain how income inequality is helping to breed civil unrest.
• This Week on Ring of Fire on Free Speech TV April 30, 2015 - Sundays at NOON!
»» Howard Nations will tell us why Obama is so hellbent on passing the TPP, even though his party and the American voters are telling him it’s a horrible idea.
»» David Pakman will explain how Millenials are becoming one of the most victimized generations in modern history, and how Congress is doing nothing to ease their suffering.
»» Michael Burg will tell us why the US Chamber of Commerce is terrified of new transparency laws that would force companies to disclose political contributions to shareholders.
»» And we’ll hear from The American Prospect’s Adele Stan on why Rand Paul will never win over the youth vote.
»» Watch at FSTV
• VIDEO! THE HISTORY OF CORPORATE CORRUPTION & FRAUD with Robert Kennedy Jr & Mike Papantonio “Call us if you have a personal story about Fraud on Taxpayers or False Claims for Payment made by Corportations at 1-866-389-FIRE (3473) or contact us by email at email@example.com if you have evidence of fraud that robbed taxpayer dollars. If our government is paying too much due to fraud by a corporation, Ring of Fire wants to do a story on it.” Also see Papantonio & Kennedy on Corporate Corruption and Fraud — Pt. 1/4
• VIDEO! Seder: Bernie Sanders Will Slap Some Honesty Into 2016 Contenders For the first time in the road headed into the 2016 election, we finally have true, honest candidate. Bernie Sanders is running for president, and progressives everywhere are on their feet alongside him. Along with Elizabeth Warren, Sanders has been a champion against economic injustice in the United States, and it is almost certain that he will essentially reshape Progressive politics going in to 2016. Ring of Fire’s Sam Seder and The Majority Report contributor Michael Brooks discuss this.
• VIDEO! ACLU Launches ‘Mobile Justice’ App to Record and Secure Video of Police The American Civil Liberties Union recently released its Mobile Justice app, designed to record and secure video take of interactions with police, even if they try to delete it or confiscate the phone, San Diego’s ABC News 10 reported. The app records video and then immediately sends it to the ACLU. This prevents the video from somehow “disappearing.” Once the video has been sent, the user can then add information about the encounter. It also allows the user to send notifications alerting others to come to their location and act as additional witnesses. The app is free and is available on both Apple and Android devices. Watch News 10’s coverage of the app.
• VIDEO! Meet Marilyn Mosby, the State's Attorney who Gave Baltimore Hope that Justice will be Served ...... Mosby’s words and actions yesterday instilled in many in the city — and across the country — a hope that maybe, must maybe, the system can change. Maybe it can work for everyone and not only against some. Watch yesterday’s full press conference.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Sanders’ Candidacy Will Force Conversation on REAL Issues — Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders, a self-proclaimed democratic socialist, is without a doubt a hero among Progressives. When rumors began surfacing that Senator Sanders was considering a run for the White House in 2016, it stirred up genuine, if cautious, optimism. But now, Sanders is officially running for president. And this could redefine the 2016 election in a big way. America’s Lawyer, Mike Papantonio, discusses the Sanders 2016 election big on The Big Picture with Thom Hartmann.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Gray Autopsy Confirms the Worst - Time to Prosecute Murderous Cops — As Baltimore still reels after a week of violent protest, the six officers involved in the tragic death of Freddie Gray will now face criminal charges. Last night, Mike Papantonio examined the autopsy report and legal aspects of the case with The Big Picture’s Thom Hartmann.
• Wikileaks Exposes How the TPP Will Harm Taxpayers by Joshua De Leon – Wikileaks exposed last night a portion of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) that illustrates how the trade deal, being orchestrated in secret, will harm taxpayers and help giant corporations. Writing for The Huffington Post, James P. Hoffa, General President of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, noted some ominous language in the Investor State Dispute Settlement (ISDS) chapter of the trade deal. This chapter expands companies’ rights to challenge limitations to intellectual property, including copyrights and patents. In short, major corporations can sue entire countries included in the deal if that corporation feels the country’s laws will undermine its projected profits. ..........
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the "Podcast" tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up! Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts 7-10 et Sunday evenings on Chicago's Progressive Talk WCPT AM & FM and 4 pm et on Sirius/XM 167 featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 12 NOON et @ Majority.fm!
• MONDAY 4/27/15 Carmen Boullosa & Mike Wallace: A Narco History
• TUESDAY 4/28/15 Baltimore Erupts & Marriage Equality At SCOTUS
• WEDNESDAY 4/29/15 Mike Signorile: It’s Not Over: Getting Beyond Tolerance, Defeating Homophobia, and Winning True Equality
• THURSDAY 4/30/15 Katha Pollitt: Why Marriage Equality Is Winning, While Abortion Rights Are Losing
• FRIDAY 5/1/15 Casual Friday: Cliff Schecter & Andy Kindler
• MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityfm.libsyn.com!
- KEISER REPORT Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV
• KEISER REPORT ON FACEBOOK STACY SUMMARY: For once and for all, here are our real Facebook pages, the other ones are fake. But if you feel like chatting to the fake ones, by all means, go ahead.
»» Max Keiser
»» Keiser Report
»» Stacey Herbert
• Assange: How cryptography is a key weapon in the fight against empire states by maxkeiser - READ What began as a means of retaining individual freedom can now be used by smaller states to fend off the ambitions of larger ones (guardian.co.uk)
• [TAM1125] The Truth About Markets – 25 April 2015 by Stacy Herbert — Download show here.
• Baltimore as a Microcosm of Americaby Michael Krieger — Baltimore, Maryland is in many ways the perfect microcosm for these United States of America. If you still don’t get that, you’ll be in for a rude awakening in the years ahead. A gradual erosion of the Constitution and the civl rights of the citizenry, the abuse of power by people in authority, perverse financial incentives that lead to horrible outcomes, zero accountability, and a ubiquitous surveillance state apparatus; Baltimore has it all. Yet all of these troubling traits have also come to characterize early 21st century America. As tends to be the case, the populations that have been victimized the longest and most systemically — in Baltimore and across the U.S. — are the poor, weak and disenfranchised. Like a cancer, corruption, theft, and blatant abuse of the citizenry by the powerful will spread and spread until it consumes everything unless the tumor is removed. It has now spread so deeply and so dangerously throughout American life, the general public will soon have no choice but to confront it and do something about it, or face a total extinction of opportunity and suffer the same desperate fate as the people out in the streets of Baltimore. More here’ (libertyblitzkrieg.com)
• JP Morgan Cornering Silver Bullion Market? by Mark O'Byrne —
- Why is JP Morgan accumulating the biggest stockpile of physical silver in history?
- Legendary silver analyst Ted Butler believes JP Morgan are in a position to corner silver market
- JP Morgan may be holding as much as 350 million ounces of physical silver
- JP Morgan realises the value of owning physical silver bullion today
- Silver at $16 today – Set to soar to over $50 again
Read more here........
• The 2014 Elections by the Numbers – Who are the 1% of 1% Driving American Politics? by Michael Krieger — ..... Several organizations are already doing such data mining, and one study that caught my eye yesterday is a joint analysis by the Center for Responsive Politics and the Sunlight Foundation. We should all be indebted to them for doing this, as the revelations and the wealth of information provided serves as an invaluable resource to anyone trying to avert multi-generational oligarch dictatorship.... Read more here...... (libertyblitzkrieg.com)
• How the American Psychological Association Supported and Provided Cover for the C.I.A. Torture Program by Michael Krieger — In a story that sounds like it could’ve come straight from the archives of Nazi Germany, a new report has just been released claiming that the American Psychological Association (APA) collaborated with the George W. Bush administration to justify the C.I.A. torture program. Read more here...... (libertyblitzkrieg.com)
• KEISER REPORT [KR750] Keiser Report: Bankers’ marathon We discuss central bankers running marathons…perhaps not quite fast enough for a QE-induced revolution. We also discuss wars for oil market share in a zero-interest-rate world in which supply and demand no longer matter. In the second half, Max interviews crypto and crowdfunding expert Simon Dixon about his move to Hong Kong, regulatory issues on the crypto environment and his latest equity crowdfunding effort for Bitcoin Capital.
• KEISER REPORT [KR751] Keiser Report: Fighting Algorithmic Bots We discuss cartels and trust-busting in these days of algorithms engaged in ‘horizontal collusion’ and ‘conscious parallelism.’ We look at the health care industry that is exempt from the Sherman Antitrust Act and what future it portends in a day of big data monopolies, oligopolies and cartels. In the second half, Max interviews activist and author, David DeGraw, about Russell Brand’s Revolution, the Occupy movement and about his new book, “Freedom in a time of mental slavery.”
• KEISER REPORT [KR572] Keiser Report: Never-ending Baltimores We discuss the winter of our discontent as neoliberal policies and relentless fraud by banks results in never-ending Baltimores. In the second half, Max interviews Satyajit Das, author of Extreme Money, about how this debt addicted world could go the way of the Mayans.
- The Scott Horton Radio Show
Scott Horton is host of Antiwar Radio on Pacifica 90.7 FM KPFK in Los Angeles and KUCR 88.3 in Riverside, and the Scott Horton Show on No Agenda Radio. (You can listen live Monday through Friday New show hours effective 5/26/2014 @ 12-2 PM Eastern! HERE.) Plenty of archives too!
• Scott Horton Radio Show Progress Report: All right, yall, welcome back to the show to the inaugural Scott Horton Show progress report! It’s been an eventful year since the show and I (amicably) parted ways with Antiwar.com, so I thought I would highlight just a few of the show’s important milestones, as well as preview some of the exciting projects to look for in the near future. ........ The show on Pacifica KPFK 90.7 FM in L.A., still called Antiwar Radio, has now moved to join their Sunday morning public affairs line up (8:30 am pt - http://kpfk.org), and remains the largest source of listeners, with 15,000-20,000 people tuning in weekly. The future: Liberty Express Radio is growing and bringing me along for the ride. The great Charles Goyette hooked me up with Alan Butler and the Liberty Express earlier this year, and what has been the daily replay there from 3-5 eastern time has become my best listened-to show. And now they’re adding my friend Tom Woods to the lineup from 2-3 PM. That does it. I’m making the switch! Starting Monday, October 14, the live show is moving to LibertyExpressRadio.com, as well as NoAgenda and my own stream....... New show hours effective 5/26/2014: 12-2 PM Eastern!
• 4/22/15 Nick Turse: Nick Turse, associate editor of TomDispatch.com and author of Tomorrow’s Battlefield: U.S. Proxy Wars and Secret Ops in Africa, discusses the greatly increased US military presence on the African continent, and the bad behavior of military members stationed there.
• 4/23/15 Philip Giraldi: Philip Giraldi, executive director of The Council for the National Interest, discusses the Republicans and evangelicals who put Israel’s interests ahead of America’s; and his article “The Pope Rebukes Turkey – and Should Challenge America and Israel.”
• 4/27/15 Patrick Cockburn: Patrick Cockburn, a Middle East correspondent for The Independent, discusses Saudi Arabia’s bombing campaign in Yemen that is worsening the “extraordinary man-made disaster,” as 12 million Yemenis face starvation.
• 4/30/15 Andrew Cockburn: Andrew Cockburn, author of Kill Chain: The Rise of the High-Tech Assassins, discusses how US high-tech drones and flawed intelligence – often based on unreliable phone tracking – combine to kill civilians and promote terrorism.
• 5/1/15 Will Grigg: Will Grigg, a blogger and author of Liberty in Eclipse, discusses the Baltimore police killing of Freddie Gray; the surprising announcement that six officers will be arrested and charged with serious crimes; and the immediate pushback by the Fraternal Order of Police and cop-apologists in the media.
• Older interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Gov. John Kasich, R-Ohio
• Rep. Donna Edwards, D-Md.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml