Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
Tax Day Cometh! WHAT IF there was a check box on the IRS 1040 Form that asked "Check this box if you do not want your tax dollars to fund imperialistic global wars by the U.S. Government"? Would you check it? Go to WarTaxResistance WarResisters.org for more info! Wege hope you downloaded our "Live From Lakewood" broadcast from last week! But the WRUW Tech Crew never sleeps! We broadcast Cleveland's Dyngus Day Celebration LIVE from the corner of W. 58th & Detroit last Monday so get our archive feed now! We pre-empted these shows:
ClevelandDyngus.com. AND the Live From Cleveland Remote Broadcast Crew was back in action Saturday for a live broadcast of the Oberlin Contemporary Music Ensemble under the baton of Tim Weiss hosted by WRUW's own classical music programmer Eric Charnofsky. Download the shows here:
- Part One: Its About Justice Cousin Jim went long on Roll Away The Dew before us so forward to about 0:20 in for the beginning of the broadcast featuring Jonathan Moyer, playing the Gartner Auditorium's HUGE pipe organ!
- Part Two: The Occasional Detour which is the first 1:30 of this show featuring Philip Cashian, Three Pieces for Chamber Orchestra (an EXCLUSIVE WRUW live radio American Premiere)
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
- Anthony Ray Hinton, spent nearly 30 years on death row & Bryan Stevenson, founder and executive director of the Equal Justice Initiative "They Couldn’t Take My Soul": Anthony Ray Hinton on His Exoneration After 30 Years on Death Row
- Marty Stroud, lead prosecutor in the 1984 trial in which Glenn Ford was sentenced to death Louisiana Denies Compensation to Dying Exonerated Death Row Prisoner as Former Prosecutor Apologizes
- Leonard Edloe, co-wrote the American Pharmacist Association’s new policy against supplying lethal injection drugs American Pharmacists Association Urges Members to Stop Providing Execution Drugs
- Safa Al Ahmad, journalist and documentary film maker "From Bad to Worse": Hundreds Dead & 100,000 Displaced as Saudi Led-Strikes Push Yemen to the Brink Her latest documentary is "After Liberation Came Destruction: Iraqi Militias and the Aftermath of Amerli" premieres on Frontline on PBS stations nationwide April 7.
- Matthieu Aikins, award-winning foreign correspondent & Erin Evers "Inside Baghdad’s Brutal Battle Against ISIS": In Chaos of Post-Invasion Iraq, Militias Take Hold Aikin's latest article for Rolling Stone is " Inside Baghdad’s Brutal Battle Against ISIS ".
- Yousef Munayyer, executive director of the U.S. Campaign to End Israeli Occupation, Lisa Goldman, Israeli journalist & Dr. Hatim Kanaaneh, public health physician An Angry White House Vows to Confront Netanyahu, But Will It End Key U.S. Support for Occupation? Goldman's new article for Foreign Policy is "Never Trust Netanyahu"; Munayyer recently wrote an opinion piece in The New York Times headlined "Netanyahu’s Win is Good for Palestine".
- Kevin Alexander Gray, longtime civil rights activist and community organizer in Columbia, South Carolina What if There Was No Video? White SC Officer Charged With Murder of Fleeing African-American Man
- Patricia Bynes, Democratic committeewoman of Ferguson Township Change in Ferguson Continues as Record Turnout Adds 2 Black Members to City Council.
- Rick Perlstein, a Chicago-based reporter Mayor Rahm Emanuel Wins Chicago Runoff, But Progressives Show a Force That Can No Longer Be Ignored
- Broadcaster Tavis Smiley My Journey with Maya Angelou: Tavis Smiley Remembers Legendary Poet & Civil Rights Activist
- James Rooney, president of Massachusetts Citizens Against the Death Penalty. Dzhokhar Tsarnaev Found Guilty: Will Federal Jury Impose Death Penalty in State that Bans It?
- Lisa Mercado, Ramsey Orta’s aunt & William Aronin and Ken Perry, criminal defense attorneys representing Ramsey Orta As Video Exposes Walter Scott Police Killing, Why is the Man Who Filmed Eric Garner’s Death in Jail?
- Jay Stanley, senior policy analyst with the Speech, Privacy and Technology Project at the American Civil Liberties Union After Cop’s Shooting of Unarmed Walter Scott Caught on Video, New Calls for Body Cameras on Police SEE Police Body-Mounted Cameras: With Right Policies in Place, a Win For All."
- Mokhtar Alkhanshali, a San Francisco Bay area community activist Is U.S. Abandoning Americans in Yemen? U.S. Citizen Recounts Harrowing Trip to Escape Saudi Attacks
- Imprisoned journalist and former Black Panther Mumia Abu-Jamal Exclusive: Mumia Abu-Jamal Releases New Prison Radio Commentary on Walter Scott Shooting
- Juan González, Democracy Now! co-host Juan González on Walter Scott Shooting: When Will the Police Killings of Black Males Stop?
- Samir Amin, Egyptian political economist, renowned scholar and dissiden Obama Faces Latin American Opposition to Venezuela Sanctions as Cuba Joins Summit of the Americas
- Antonio Tizapa, father of Jorge Antonio Tizapa Legideño, one of the 43 missing students in Mexico & Amado Tlatempa, cousin of Legideño Exclusive: Father of 1 of Missing Mexican 43 on How Drug War Aid "Being Used to Annihilate Students"
- Brad Heath, investigative reporter at USA Today Blueprint for Post-9/11 Surveillance: U.S. Began Bulk Collection of Phone Call Data in 1992 See Brad Heath's new report U.S. Secretly Tracked Billions of Calls for Decades
GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders - New Episode Every Monday at TELESUR »»» VIDEO OF THE WEEK Kathleen Chalfant: Learning Politics and Cooperation from Theater Where do art and social justice meet? Kathleen Chalfant is one of the most acclaimed actresses in the US. She has also been an outspoken advocate on issues like Middle East peace and incarceration. This episode also looks at Stanley Cohen, a radical lawyer who has represented Hamas and other official US enemies. Cohen is going to jail in a case seen as payback from the US government for his unpopular cases. »»» The F-Word High Stakes Testing for A High Stakes Economy March 31st, 2015: .....Today’s high stakes economy favors high stakes testing. All those tests are a nifty profit center themselves (which is why so many profit driven folks are lobbying mightily for them) but polarizing testing also serves the needs of a polarized economy. ........
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!© »»» INDYCAR on NBCSN Grand Prix of Louisiana @ Nola Motorsports Park 3 pm et »»» Sunday Night Baseball on ESPN Red Sox @ Yankees 8 pm et »»» Monday Night Baseball on ESPN Yankees @ Orioles 7 pm et »»» TNT TUESDAY NBA DOUBLEHEADER Wizards @ Pacers 8:00 pm et THEN Clippers @ Suns 10:30 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!© The 1st Amendment is Our Permit Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
StrikeDebt.org & RollingJubilee.org! A bailout of the people by the people Rolling Jubilee is a Strike Debt project that buys debt for pennies on the dollar, but instead of collecting it, abolishes it. Together we can liberate debtors at random through a campaign of mutual support, good will, and collective refusal. Debt resistance is just the beginning. Join us as we imagine and create a new world based on the common good, not Wall Street profits. ADDENDUM: Naked Capitalism reports Top Tax Expert Confirms Our Doubts About Occupy Wall Street’s Debt Buying/Forgiveness Scheme
Community-Wealth.org community-wealth.org a project of the Democracy Collaborative at the University of Maryland Community-Wealth.org brings together, for the first time, information about the broad range of community wealth building activity. Featuring Overview: The Cleveland Model—How the Evergreen Cooperatives are Building Community Wealth Something important is happening in Cleveland. The Democracy Collaborative—the host of C-W.org—in partnership with the Cleveland Foundation, the Ohio Employee Ownership Center, Shorebank Enterprise Cleveland, the City of Cleveland, and the city's major hospitals and universities—is helping to implement a new model of large-scale worker-owned and community-benefiting businesses. The Evergreen Cooperative Initiative is beginning to build serious momentum in one of the cities most dramatically impacted by the nation's decaying economy. Increasingly, this model is being referred to nationally as The Cleveland Model. Initial planning is now underway to assist other cities in Ohio and nationwide to replicate and adapt this innovative approach to economic development, green job creation, and neighborhood stabilization. Find more many resources at Community-Wealth.org!
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.com Declaration of Internet Freedom Tired of fighting bad bills like SOPA, PIPA and CISPA? Want to stand up against those who are trying to control what we do and say online? It's time for something different. A group of more than 1,500 organizations, academics, startup founders and tech innovators has come together to produce a Declaration of Internet Freedom, a set of five principles that put forward a positive vision of the open Internet. Our goal: Get millions of Internet users to sign on to this Declaration. Build political power for Internet users to make sure that we get a seat at the table whenever, and wherever, the future of the Internet is being decided. It's time to stop playing defense and start going on the offensive. The open Internet is central to people’s freedom to communicate, share, advocate and innovate in the 21st century. But powerful interests want to censor free speech, block the sharing of information, hinder innovation and control how Internet users get online. And all too often, people in power are making political decisions behind closed doors about how the Internet should operate — and they're doing this without the involvement of actual Internet users. The result: policies that could close down the open Internet and destroy our freedom to connect. It’s time for us to reclaim the Internet for its users. Take action now and sign the Declaration of Internet Freedom. WE WON! Net Neutrality Victory February 26, 2015 – This morning the FCC voted to protect real Net Neutrality — marking the biggest victory for the public interest in the agency’s history. ....... This moment was more than 10 years in the making. The fight to protect the open Internet has united everyone — grassroots activists, technologists, new civil rights leaders, parents, teachers, students, musicians, artists and millions and millions of Internet users. We've proven that we're a force to be reckoned with in Washington. Know this: Now that we've won this huge victory for the Internet, the cable and phone companies will do everything they can to knock it down. But Free Press has never backed down from a fight. Whether in the courts or in Congress, the media or the streets, we will continue pushing, fighting and advocating for the strongest possible policies to protect the free and open Internet. Our message to the world is clear: Mess with the Internet, and you’ll lose. This isn’t the end. This is the start of something huge. ACTION! Stop Marsha Blackburn's Anti-Net Neutrality Bill H.R. 1212 This is what it looks like when members of Congress try to kill Net Neutrality. Rep. Marsha Blackburn has already lined up 31 co-sponsors for her new bill, which would destroy Net Neutrality and undo everything the FCC has done to protect the open Internet. It's easy to see why these particular co-sponsors signed on: They've received tons of campaign contributions from companies like Comcast and Verizon and from the National Cable and Telecommunications Association, an industry lobbying group. This bill goes against everything millions of people like you have fought for. We must stop this bill in its tracks and expose it for what it is: a betrayal of the open Internet. Tell Congress "This bill must be stopped in its tracks. I urge you to speak out in opposition to this legislation."
Stop Media Consolidation! Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski is trying to change the agency’s ownership rules to pave the way for Murdoch to get exactly what he wants. Worse, Genachowski and Murdoch are keeping this all very hush-hush, hoping you won't notice. These changes wouldn’t just benefit Murdoch. If the FCC proposal passes, one company could own the major daily newspaper, two TV stations and up to eight radio stations in your town. And that one company could be your Internet provider, too. What is the FCC thinking?!? We can still stop the agency from taking this perilous step — but we have less than a month to do it. By taking action, you’re joining a movement of millions who are working to stop big media from getting even bigger. Please take action today. Click HERE to view our infographic and send a message to the FCC! More info at Another FCC Cave-In: Julius Genachowski’s Media Consolidation Christmas Gift to Murdoch at StopTheCap.com! And Sign Senator Bernie Sanders petition to the FCC Protect Media Diversity: Stop Media Consolidation! NEW!!! NATION ACTION! Stop the Comcast/Time Warner Cable Merger! GO THERE NOW!
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! And check out more actions on the Move to Amend Calendar for more! UPDATE! Legalize Democracy Film Premieres on Free Speech TV Jan 21 Move to Amend is thrilled to announce that the premiere of our mini documentary, Legalize Democracy, will be airing on Free Speech TV (FSTV) next week to coincide with the "anniversary" of Citizens United. Legalize Democracy is a 28 minute film by Dennis Trainor, Jr. about the movement to amend -- why it is needed, and how you can get involved. Watch live on our website here. Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net GET INVOLVED! And Alan Grayson is BACK in the 114th Congress! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com and check out his latest effort DontAttackSyria.com!
REPRESENT.US IT’S TIME TO GET MONEY OUT OF POLITICS SO THE GOVERNMENT CAN REPRESENT US. Represent.Us is a fresh campaign to pass the American Anti-Corruption Act: a law that would overhaul campaign finance, impose strict lobbying and conflict of interest laws, and end secret political money. We are mobilizing millions of Americans — conservatives and progressives, young and old, every issue group fighting K Street, online and offline — to join this campaign. Represent.Us is not just building a movement to pass the Act. The campaign will use hard-hitting accountability tactics to unseat politicians who fail to endorse the Act. If passed, the Act will completely reshape American politics and policy-making and give people a voice. See this Guest Blog at Greenpeace by Executive Director Josh Silver The $6 Billion Auction: Finally, A Plan to Get Money Out of Politics for more information!
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org and Bradley Manning Support Network From the Chelsea Manning Support Network Announcing the "Chelsea Manning Support Network" March 19, 2014. By CMSN. PVT Manning has filed to change her name legally to "Chelsea Elizabeth Manning" and to receive hormone therapy. To show our support in this struggle, we are renaming ourselves to the "Chelsea Manning Support Network." ..... UPDATE! Manning on torture in new Guardian op-ed AND PBS features Chelsea Manning art exhibit March 24, 2015. STATE OF THE ARTS features The United States vs. Chelsea Manning, a graphic novel illustrating Wikileaks whistleblower Manning's court-martial, currently on display at Rutgers University.........
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
CELLULAR PHONE TASK FORCE EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, SUPPORT at CellPhoneTaskForce.org The Cellular Phone Task Force is dedicated to halting the expansion of wireless technology because it cannot be made safe. We provide: education to the public concerning electromagnetic pollution (electrosmog); advocacy for an electromagnetically cleaner environment; support for individuals disabled by radiation from wireless technology and other sources. WATCH THIS MOVIE at Top Documentary Films Resonance: Beings of Frequency Now we live an an ocean of electromagnetic radiation. It’s all around us now, invisible, but we know it’s there. Every time you lift up your mobile phone you know it’s there. It is very hard to turn the clock back, in fact it is impossible, but we need to be aware of the adverse health effects so that we can have the choice of taking precautions against the exposures. How we could have possibly thought that putting microwaves to our brain was safe. We just don’t fully understand what we’re doing. "Resonance: Beings of Frequency" is the first documentary to investigate the actual mechanisms by which mobile phone technology can cause cancer. The film takes a deeper look at how humanity is reacting to the most profound environmental change the planet has ever seen. Read more HERE!!
- This Week (ABC) Host George Stephanopoulos
Meet ABC News' Newest Contributor, Laura Ingraham 10 Moments That Illustrate The Right-Wing Radio Host's Fringe Viewpoints And Disdain For Civil Discourse - Ingraham has repeatedly engaged in inflammatory and hateful rhetoric, lobbing numerous attacks against everyone from President Obama to people who receive government assistance to her favorite target, immigrants. Here are 10 hateful moments from Ingraham in the past year...
• the latest developments as former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton moves toward announcing her candidacy for president.
• Secretary of State John Kerry
• likely GOP presidential candidate former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee (R)
• Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah
• ROUNDTABLE: ABC News contributor and Democratic strategist Donna Brazile, ABC News contributor and Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol, Republican strategist and pollster Kristen Soltis Anderson, and radio and television host Tavis Smiley, author of the new book, “My Journey with Maya.”
• Sunday Spotlight: former First Lady Laura Bush
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Opening of the Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the United States Senate with Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), Sen. Barbara Mikulski (D-Md.), former Sen. Chris Dodd (D-Conn.) and former Sen. Olympia Snowe (R-Maine)
• Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY)
• chairman of the Republican National Committee Reince Priebus
• Secretary of State John Kerry
• Sen. Amy Klobuchar, D-Minn
• ROUNDTABLE: Peggy Noonan of The Wall Street Journal, John Heilieman of Bloomberg Politics, David Ignatius of the Washington Post, Susan Page of USA Today, and CBS News Political Director John Dickerson.
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• The Fox 'News'-ification of CBS News and '60 Minutes': 'The Cleantech Crash'
• CBS' '60 Minutes' admits to faking Tesla car noise
• Coming Up Sunday, April 12 at 7 p.m. ET/PT
• The Attack on Sony
• Ambassador Kennedy
• Rush to Judgment
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host Chuck Todd
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture 07/15/12 — NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
All legal notices should be sent by mail to the editor-in-chief NBCNews.com, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052
• Bill de Blasio Mayor of New York City
• Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY)
• Secretary of State John Kerry
• ROUNDTABLE: David Brooks, Columnist, The New York Times; Hugh Hewitt, Host, "The Hugh Hewitt Show"; Maria Hinojosa, Host, NPR's "Latino USA"; Stephanie Rawlings-Blake, Mayor of Baltimore City
- State of the Union (CNN) CNN Correspondent Dana Bash hosts Sunday at 9 am ET and Noon ET.
• Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY)
• Former Rhode Island Gov. Lincoln Chafee (D)
• Sen. Debbie Stabenow (D-MI)
• Former Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-LA)
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio call our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• PRAYER MEETIN' WEDNESDAY - Uber Pope/Imam/Rabbi Bob lets loose on the dangerous and often deranged Religious Right! Wednesday, April 8th, 2015 (mp3)! Amen to the White Rose Society! Bob's show archives at the White Rose HERE! Keep Bob on the air! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.CRMW.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT With Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen!
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - April 9, 2015 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Climate change-denier Sen. Rand Paul is running for President (and Brad is delighted about it!); Climate denial a looming problem for the GOP; Thawing permafrost a looming problem for the planet; PLUS: Greening the City of Angels: Mayor Garcetti's ambitious sustainability plan for L.A.....All that and more in today's Green News Report! IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): The Arctic has melted so much that now people want to race yachts through it; Tea Party hires actors to feign indignation over plan to save Everglades; Plummeting sardine numbers could prompt U.S. West coast fishing ban; New York just quietly raided its climate program for cash; Michael Bloomberg puts up $30m to kill coal; Utility sales may drop by half as homes make their own power... PLUS: VIDEO: Is "Game of Thrones" Cli-Fi... and much, MUCH more! ...
• 'Green News Report' - April 7, 2015 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Shell Oil returns to the Arctic (buckle up!); ALEC now pretending it never denied global warming; Kansas moves to restrict fracking after stunning increase in earthquakes; Big Oil pressured Oklahoma to downplay link between fracking and earthquakes; Texas moves to ban fracking bans; PLUS: Obama moves to train veterans for solar industry jobs....All that and more in today's Green News Report! IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): When Cronkite warned America about global warming: The Way It Was; Climate activist Tim DeChristopher calls on churches to lead global warming fight; PA fracking study on water contamination now under ethics review; Duke Energy settles for $2.5m fine for 3rd largest chemical spill in US history; NTSB seeks stiffer standards for oil tank cars; Voters want next president to favor climate policies, poll finds; Spain got 47% of its electricity from renewables last month... PLUS: Keep showering, California. Just lay off the burgers and nuts... and much, MUCH more! ...
• BRADCAST! GOP Now Also Undermining U.S. in Global Climate Talks: KPFK 'BradCast' GUEST: Physicist & former Clinton Admin official Joe Romm; PLUS: Rand, Jeb, Ohio voting, legalized pot & more!...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Pre-Marked Ballots Reported in Chicago Mayoral Runoff Election official dismisses reports as 'least effective conspiracy in history', and may have a good point. The reported results, however, are a different matter...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! OH GOP's New Anti-Voting Scheme Nixed by GOP Governor...Mostly... Provision that would require out-of-state students to register car, get OH drivers license when registering to vote is vetoed, but...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Occupy L.A. Demonstrators Win $2.5M Settlement For Brutal 2011 Police Crackdown While so-called 'conservatives' cheered the Big Government crackdown on First Amendment rights, now it's costing tax-payers even more...Constitutionality of 'discriminatory' voting restriction laws now unlikely to be determined by Supreme Court before 2016 elections, though some see 'blessing in disguise'....
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! EXCLUSIVE: Judge Fuller's Attorney Says Wife Kelli Faked Beating During 911 Call Describes her as 'drunk', 'hysterical' in email response to The BRAD BLOG...
• BRADBLOG VIDEO! When Cronkite Warned Us About Global Warming That's the way it was. 35 years ago. And, yet, still no action on climate change by the U.S. Congress. WATCH this remarkable CBS News Evening News report from April 3, 1980..
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• 6 Apr 2015 PBC News & Comment: Reducing Surveillance to Dick Pics, John Oliver Interviews Ed Snowden John Oliver grills Ed Snowden in HBO interview, reducing complex issues of government surveillance to protection for our "dick pics".....
• 7 Apr 2015 PBC News & Comment: In California Drought, Gov. Brown Favors Frackers and Corporate Farmers As a little much-needed rain falls here, parched Californians challenge Gov. Moonbeam’s water priorities, favoring agribiz and frackers….
• 8 Apr 2015 PBC News & Comment: DEA Exposed, Sued for 20-year Dragnet of Phone Records DEA’s War on Some Drugs first to use “warrantless” dragnet collection of millions of phone call records, started 1992….
• 9 Apr 2015 PBC News & Comment: Iran Gets Squirrely Over Nuke Deal, War in Yemen As Israel and AIPAC-controlled Congress meddle in Iran deal, the Ayatollah micromanages, trying to shift sanctions terms…
• 10 Apr 2015 PBC News & Comment: As Hillary Launches Inevitable 2.0, Surprise Challenger Surfaces Lincoln Chafee, the moderate GOP Senator turned Independent Rhode Island Governor, morphs into Democratic presidential candidate, surprising just about everyone….
• PBC Standard Podcast April 6, 2015 A Frank Conversation with Retired Congressman Barney Frank
• PBC Standard Podcast April 6, 2015 Superlawyer Burt Neuborne Breaks Down the Perfect Poetry of the First Amendment SProf. Burt Neuborne spent decades with ACLU, helped found Brennan Center and teaches law at NYU. He celebrates the First Amendment and critiques the Supreme Court in his brilliant new book, Madison's Music.
• PBC Standard Podcast April 10, 2015 Reese Erlich Offers Commentary on Iran Nuke Framework, Yemen War, Cuba and more Reese Erlich, the independent journalist and author who specializes in foreign policy, returns to talk about the unravelling nuclear framework deal with Iran, the expanding war in Yemen, and other matters including the opening with Cuba, sanctions on Venezuela, and a proposed trans-ocean canal in Nicaragua.
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
• This Week on Ring of Fire March 27, 2015 Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern.
»» Investigative journalist David Dayen will tell us why President Obama refused to demand foreclosure relief from banks seeking a federal bailout.
»» Richard Eskow, host of The Zero Hour, will tell us how privatization is crippling the states.
»» Heather Digby Parton will explain why the GOP seems to be filled with hate towards doctors.
»» Katie Valentine from Think Progress will give us the latest about the California drought.
»» And author Ellen Brown will tell us how America became a true Oligarchy.
• This Week on Ring of Fire on Free Speech TV March 27, 2015 - Sundays at NOON! Posted on January 17, 2015 by Farron Cousins
»» Farron Cousins will be sitting in for Mike Papantonio this week.
»» Howard Nations will tell us why the FDA is dragging its feet on a new rule that would force generic prescription drugs to carry the same warnings as their name brand counterparts – a delay that is costing people their lives.
»» Matt Filipowicz, host of The Matthew Filipowicz Show, will tell us about the recent “religious liberty” laws that are designed to allow businesses to discriminate based on their religious beliefs.
»» Progressive host David Pakman will explain President Obama’s proposal to provide two years of cost-free community college to American citizens.
»» David TeSelle will tell us why Democrats are joining up with Wall Street to destroy public worker pensions.
»» Attorney Charles Meltmar will explain how a lack of oversight for hospice care is literally killing senior citizens on a near-daily basis.
»» Watch at FSTV
• VIDEO! THE HISTORY OF CORPORATE CORRUPTION & FRAUD with Robert Kennedy Jr & Mike Papantonio “Call us if you have a personal story about Fraud on Taxpayers or False Claims for Payment made by Corportations at 1-866-389-FIRE (3473) or contact us by email at email@example.com if you have evidence of fraud that robbed taxpayer dollars. If our government is paying too much due to fraud by a corporation, Ring of Fire wants to do a story on it.” Also see Papantonio & Kennedy on Corporate Corruption and Fraud — Pt. 1/4
• VIDEO! Thom Hartmann: All the Chicken Hawks Need to Just Shut Up! Earlier this week, a bombshell news story erupted that claimed Israel leaked classified (and stolen) U.S. information to American lawmakers in an attempt to sabotage President Obama’s talks with Iran. Ring of Fire’s Sam Seder and Majority Report contributor Michael Brooks discusses this.
• VIDEO! Only watch this to understand how poorly the average cop is trained; Violent, Disturbing
• VIDEO! Pap and Thom Hartmann: Why the GOP is the Party of Stupid
• Kochs Have Ordered Repugnant Govs to Ban Discussion of Climate Change — April 10, 2015 Ring of Fire Staff
• US Fed Judge Completely Ignores Chevron's Sick Corruption, Targets Lawyers Instead — April 10, 2015 Ring of Fire Staff - ......The videos include footage of Chevron employees and consultants visiting former well sites, trying to find areas with uncontaminated soil and water to use for trial-judge-monitored site inspections. “The problem is they couldn’t do it,” said EcoWatch. “In the videos, the employees can be heard laughing about how they just can’t find a sample without crude oil in it.”
• Wikileaks Exposes How the TPP Will Harm Taxpayers by Joshua De Leon – Wikileaks exposed last night a portion of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) that illustrates how the trade deal, being orchestrated in secret, will harm taxpayers and help giant corporations. Writing for The Huffington Post, James P. Hoffa, General President of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, noted some ominous language in the Investor State Dispute Settlement (ISDS) chapter of the trade deal. This chapter expands companies’ rights to challenge limitations to intellectual property, including copyrights and patents. In short, major corporations can sue entire countries included in the deal if that corporation feels the country’s laws will undermine its projected profits. ..........
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the "Podcast" tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up! Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts 7-10 et Sunday evenings on Chicago's Progressive Talk WCPT AM & FM and 4 pm et on Sirius/XM 167 featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 12 NOON et @ Majority.fm!
• TUESDAY 3/24/15 Barrett Brown: Explains Why He is In Prison For Doing His Job
• WEDNESDAY 4/8/15 Ryan Cooper: How Your Local Jail Became Hell & For Members Only! Aaron McGruder & Patton Oswalt
• THURSDAY 4/9/15 Joan Fitzgerald: Why Markets Can't Price The Priceless & Adam Green & For Members Only! Jose Rivera
• FRIDAY 4/10/15 Keith Wailoo: Pain: A Political History & For Members Only Colin Quinn
• MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityfm.libsyn.com!
- KEISER REPORT Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV
• KEISER REPORT ON FACEBOOK STACY SUMMARY: For once and for all, here are our real Facebook pages, the other ones are fake. But if you feel like chatting to the fake ones, by all means, go ahead.
»» Max Keiser
»» Keiser Report
»» Stacey Herbert
• Assange: How cryptography is a key weapon in the fight against empire states by maxkeiser - READ What began as a means of retaining individual freedom can now be used by smaller states to fend off the ambitions of larger ones (guardian.co.uk)
• On My Mind: Finance and Booksby Janet Tavakoli — ......According to the people quoted in the WSJ articles, no one saw it coming: lower oil prices, lower housing prices, currency risk. Almost seven years after a global financial crisis, bankers educated at Ivy League schools still just don’t know that kind of stuff. ........ Gerald Posner has a new book, God’s Bankers, currently in the top 100 on Amazon. I can also recommend an older, in some ways darker book, God’s Banker, by Rupert Cornwell, written more than thirty years ago, when the press was still calling Roberto Calvi’s murder a suicide. ....
• EU and Greece Running Out of Time – As Bank Runs Intensify, Bail-Ins Likely by Mark O'Byrne —
- EU and Greece running out of time as talks end “in disarray” – again
- Greece warns Merkel of ‘impossible’ debt
- Concerns Greece out of money by end of April
- Friday’s “agreement” in Brussels falls apart hours later as protagonists fail to agree on specifics
- Greece now insolvent – will run out of liquidity by end of April
- Greek banks on verge of collapse as runs continue – €1.5 billion emptied out of banks last week alone
- ‘Grexit’ could propel gold to over $2,000/oz
- Cyprus style bail-ins look increasingly possible
More here’ (goldcore.com)
• California Water Wars: Another Form of Asset Stripping? by Ellen Brown — In California’s epic drought, wars over water rights continue, while innovative alternatives for increasing the available water supply go untapped. Wars over California’s limited water supply have been going on for at least a century. Water wars have been the subject of some vintage movies, including the 1958 hit The Big Country starring Gregory Peck, Clint Eastwood’s 1985 Pale Rider, 1995’s Waterworld with Kevin Costner, and the 2005 film Batman Begins. Most acclaimed was the 1975 Academy Award winner Chinatown with Jack Nicholson and Faye Dunaway, involving a plot between a corrupt Los Angeles politician and land speculators to fabricate the 1937 drought in order to force farmers to sell their land at low prices. The plot was rooted in historical fact, reflecting battles between Owens Valley farmers and Los Angeles urbanites over water rights. Today the water wars continue on a larger scale with new players. It’s no longer just the farmers against the ranchers or the urbanites. It’s the people against the new “water barons” – Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan Chase, Monsanto, the Bush family, and their ilk – who are buying up water all over the world at an unprecedented pace. Read more here........
• Risk of ‘World War’ between NATO and Russia on Ukraine as Yemen Bombed by Mark O'Byrne —
- World sleep walking from ‘Cold War’ to ‘Hot War’ and new World War
- U.S. resolution to supply Ukraine with lethal weaponry passed
- Russia warns such moves would “explode the whole situation”
- Minsk agreement remains intact – little justification for escalation and ignoring EU allies
- US continues to act as only global superpower despite powerful Russia and China and new multi-polar world
- Hubris could lead to a new World War
More here..... (goldcore.com)
• Meet the Overseas Contingency Operations Account – Washington D.C.’s Crony Capitalist War Slush Fund by Michael Krieger — Many people will read this post, and posts like it, and shrug their shoulders saying that there’s always going to be corruption. True; however, there are degrees of corruption. When empires such as the U.S. attain a certain level of corruption that reaches the point in which it becomes engrained within the fabric of society, and you couple that with zero accountability for the super rich and powerful, you have the ingredients for societal collapse. We are rapidly approaching this point, and I personally don’t think there’s any way to stop it. With all that in mind, I want to introduce readers to the Overseas Contingency Operations (OCO) account, or what is being referred to as the “war slush fund.” You know something’s bad when even Crazy John McCain calls it a “gimmick.” Read more here...... (libertyblitzkrieg.com)
• KEISER REPORT [KR735] Keiser Report: Capitalism Without Capital?! We discuss the French being able to work 20 percent less to produce the same amount the average worker in Britain produces. Just as oil frackers must pump faster and faster, harder and harder to keep current on their debt repayments, so too must an overly burdened UK household in a speculative economy producing less and less value. In the second half, Max interviews Aleksandar Vidovic of Salviol about the size of the financial fraud market and what his company is doing to shrink it.
• KEISER REPORT [KR736] Keiser Report: Debtism vs Capitalism We warn against trusting bureaucrats bearing false economy as ‘shocking austerity’ and ‘bed blocking costs more than is allegedly saved. In the second half, Max interviews Daniel Hassan of the Robin Hood Minor Asset Management Cooperative hedge fund which rides the wave of trading whales with the best performance record. Having outperformed the S&P index regularly since its inception, profits are shared between the cooperative members and groups expanding the commons and the public domain.
• KEISER REPORT [KR737] Keiser Report: Deadly Sales We discuss the hell (of a profit) to be made by killing a man – and his family – as Lockheed Martin assures analysts from Deutsche Bank there is enough fear of war to maintain its deadly sales. In the second half, Max interviews Swiss banker, Egon von Greyerz about QE, gold and the economic and financial disasters wrought by central banks.
- The Scott Horton Radio Show
Scott Horton is host of Antiwar Radio on Pacifica 90.7 FM KPFK in Los Angeles and KUCR 88.3 in Riverside, and the Scott Horton Show on No Agenda Radio. (You can listen live Monday through Friday New show hours effective 5/26/2014 @ 12-2 PM Eastern! HERE.) Plenty of archives too!
• Scott Horton Radio Show Progress Report: All right, yall, welcome back to the show to the inaugural Scott Horton Show progress report! It’s been an eventful year since the show and I (amicably) parted ways with Antiwar.com, so I thought I would highlight just a few of the show’s important milestones, as well as preview some of the exciting projects to look for in the near future. ........ The show on Pacifica KPFK 90.7 FM in L.A., still called Antiwar Radio, has now moved to join their Sunday morning public affairs line up (8:30 am pt - http://kpfk.org), and remains the largest source of listeners, with 15,000-20,000 people tuning in weekly. The future: Liberty Express Radio is growing and bringing me along for the ride. The great Charles Goyette hooked me up with Alan Butler and the Liberty Express earlier this year, and what has been the daily replay there from 3-5 eastern time has become my best listened-to show. And now they’re adding my friend Tom Woods to the lineup from 2-3 PM. That does it. I’m making the switch! Starting Monday, October 14, the live show is moving to LibertyExpressRadio.com, as well as NoAgenda and my own stream....... New show hours effective 5/26/2014: 12-2 PM Eastern!
• 3/12/15 Grant F. Smith: Grant F. Smith, director of the Institute for Research: Middle Eastern Policy, discusses the upcoming conference “The Israel Lobby: Is it Good for the US? Is it Good for Israel?” scheduled for April 10, 2015 at the National Press Club in Washington, DC.
• 3/25/15 Seymour Hersh: Seymour Hersh, a Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative reporter and author, discusses how he broke the My Lai massacre story as a fledgling journalist in 1968, and his recent journey to Vietnam to revisit the scene of the crime 47 years later.
• 3/26/15 Matthew Hoh:Matthew Hoh, a Senior Fellow at the Center for International Policy, discusses the military’s prosecution of Army sergeant Bowe Bergdahl for desertion, even though an Army investigation report seems to exonerate the former Taliban prisoner.
• 3/26/15 Eric Margolis: Eric Margolis, an internationally syndicated columnist and author of American Raj, discusses Saudi Arabia’s pending invasion of Yemen, after the Shiite Houthi rebels captured the capital city Sanaa.
• 3/27/15 John Feffer: John Feffer, director of Foreign Policy In Focus at the Institute for Policy Studies, discusses how hardliners in Congress are working to undermine an Iranian nuclear deal, and how they previously sabotaged the Agreed Framework on North Korea’s nuclear program in 1994.
• Older interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Sen. Robert Menendez (D-NJ)
• former Massachusetts Governor and 2012 GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml